Good article about 'what is twitter' in yesterday's mX - will pass it around.
Good ol Epoch Times also reported the job offer for someone to live on Hamilton Island for six months and blog about the experience. Wow, what a job! Very clever move by Tourism Queensland. Maybe we can think about a blogging activity/competition like this for our clients...
I'm not a fan - too much info on the page, it's very cluttered. I also really object to blogs talking about blogs and how important they / social media are. Yes, I agree they're important but they really need to stop blowing their own horn.
Admittedly, I haven't looked as far and wide as I could, but I think there are very few really interesting and captivating business blogs out there... challenge me?
In mX yesterday: page 9: new iPhone application that gives device same look as a mirror after a hot shower has reeled in $150,000 in a month for the creators, "a bunch of 22 year old kids". iSteam was releases free but is now $1.50 for download.
mX page 8: biggest threat to children re social networking sites is other kids and their own behaviour.
Also saw the viral beer ad with women excited about walk in wardrobe and men esctatic about walk in beer fridge on Sunrise this morning. Sunrise often reference / discuss new media stuff such as YouTube and campaigns that have gone viral.
Have a look at this blog by web 2.0 guru Brian Solis - it's titled "which blog platforms power the top 100 blogs" http://www.briansolis.com/2009/01/which-blog-platforms-power-top-100.html
Have a look at the list of Daily Telegraph bloggers. Most are in the Journo blog db. Tim Blair won the Weblog Award (worth having a look at http://2008.weblogawards.org/) for the best blog in Australia NZ category.
In the March Cosmo I've tagged an article about coffee and another which mentions some social networking sites and how they 'challenge your relationships'!
Online 'doctors' on page 237 - Australian sites may be ok for health pitching?
(There's also an article called 'Can you really afford to be a bridesmaid')
There's an article about Twitter on PR 2.0 blog - worth having a look at (and useful if you're a geek like me) http://briansolis.com/atom.xml
Click through to the blog about Micropr - it's a twitter service where journos can put call outs on twitter and PRs can respond - is USA but perhaps something for Australia?
i couldn't agree more with the bad pitch blog re: understanding of PR... i've had to explain about 20 times to my parents... slowly but surely i think they're beginning to understand what i actually do each day! haha
Good article (that came to me on Twitter!) from mumbrella about PRs doing PR for themselves...are we still going to look at this for WordStorm? http://mumbrella.com.au/2009/02/20/comment-eight-tips-to-win-your-agency-great-trade-pr/
This is an interesting article from The Blog Herald about live blogging: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogherald
ReplyDeleteGood article about 'what is twitter' in yesterday's mX - will pass it around.
ReplyDeleteGood ol Epoch Times also reported the job offer for someone to live on Hamilton Island for six months and blog about the experience. Wow, what a job! Very clever move by Tourism Queensland. Maybe we can think about a blogging activity/competition like this for our clients...
Have a look at Ogilvy PR's updated blog.
ReplyDeletehttp://blog.ogilvypr.com/2009/01/our-blog-is-our-platform/
I'm not a fan - too much info on the page, it's very cluttered. I also really object to blogs talking about blogs and how important they / social media are. Yes, I agree they're important but they really need to stop blowing their own horn.
ReplyDeleteAdmittedly, I haven't looked as far and wide as I could, but I think there are very few really interesting and captivating business blogs out there... challenge me?
In mX yesterday: page 9: new iPhone application that gives device same look as a mirror after a hot shower has reeled in $150,000 in a month for the creators, "a bunch of 22 year old kids". iSteam was releases free but is now $1.50 for download.
ReplyDeletemX page 8: biggest threat to children re social networking sites is other kids and their own behaviour.
Also saw the viral beer ad with women excited about walk in wardrobe and men esctatic about walk in beer fridge on Sunrise this morning. Sunrise often reference / discuss new media stuff such as YouTube and campaigns that have gone viral.
ReplyDeleteHave a look at this blog by web 2.0 guru Brian Solis - it's titled "which blog platforms power the top 100 blogs"
ReplyDeletehttp://www.briansolis.com/2009/01/which-blog-platforms-power-top-100.html
I added Obama to YouTube.
ReplyDeleteArticle on Brian Solis blog about the increase in the number of adults with social newtworking profiles
ReplyDeletehttp://www.briansolis.com/2009/01/social-networks-grow-up-more-adults.html
Have a look at the list of Daily Telegraph bloggers. Most are in the Journo blog db. Tim Blair won the Weblog Award (worth having a look at http://2008.weblogawards.org/) for the best blog in Australia NZ category.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/blogs/
Article on PR 2.o blog - good points about Twitter...
ReplyDeletehttp://briansolis.com/atom.xml
PR Squared blog - encouraging post about us PR professionals
ReplyDeletehttp://feeds.feedburner.com/prsquared/
In the March Cosmo I've tagged an article about coffee and another which mentions some social networking sites and how they 'challenge your relationships'!
ReplyDeleteOnline 'doctors' on page 237 - Australian sites may be ok for health pitching?
(There's also an article called 'Can you really afford to be a bridesmaid')
Social Computing Magazine (US?) blog about integrating social media into PR - http://www.socialcomputingmagazine.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=651
ReplyDeleteWe do most of these now which is very encouraging!
There's an article about Twitter on PR 2.0 blog - worth having a look at (and useful if you're a geek like me)
ReplyDeletehttp://briansolis.com/atom.xml
Click through to the blog about Micropr - it's a twitter service where journos can put call outs on twitter and PRs can respond - is USA but perhaps something for Australia?
http://www.briansolis.com/2008/11/introducing-micropr-pr-resource-for.html
Good article on Bad Pitch Blog about clients/consumers/people in general not understanding PR and the value of PR vs advertising
ReplyDeletehttp://badpitch.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
i couldn't agree more with the bad pitch blog re: understanding of PR... i've had to explain about 20 times to my parents... slowly but surely i think they're beginning to understand what i actually do each day! haha
ReplyDeletehttp://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25025681-7582,00.html
ReplyDeletehave a look at this article from the Australian re fires and the media / new media
This is an e-book from Todd Defren at Shift Communications - he is said to be the inventor of the Social Media Release. Worth having a skim through.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.shiftcomm.com/downloads/SMMarketingebook-SHIFT_Communications.pdf
Search for blogs on www.technorati.com
ReplyDeleteGreat SMH article about Twitter http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/web/join-the-twitterati/2009/02/10/1234028042054.html
ReplyDeleteThere are some interesting article in today's Australian Media & Marketing section - I've highlighted and will pass around
ReplyDeleteLaurel Papworth on Sunrise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGNXflnQ9k
ReplyDeleteWeber Shandwick Launches Arrow Measurement Suite, Takes PR From Rear-View Reports to Real-World ROI
ReplyDeletehttp://sev.prnewswire.com/advertising/20090217/NY7144117022009-1.html
Livewire is a social networking site for kids living with serious health problems
ReplyDeletehttp://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,25077879-5014239,00.html
Good article (that came to me on Twitter!) from mumbrella about PRs doing PR for themselves...are we still going to look at this for WordStorm?
ReplyDeletehttp://mumbrella.com.au/2009/02/20/comment-eight-tips-to-win-your-agency-great-trade-pr/
I've tabbed some interesting articles in B&T and Digital Media which is inserted to B&T every two weeks (I think that's the timing!)
ReplyDeleteFrom PR Squared blog
ReplyDelete"Evolution of Advertising & Public Relations: PR's Winning"
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/prsquared/
Also have a look at some of the articles I've tagged in Wealth Creator about new media.